The Mentoring Partnership is committed to the responsible use of information transmitted via our website. This includes information transmitted when users:
- Register for trainings/events
- Sign up for our mailing lists
- Send messages, forms, or other information via email or our website
We are sensitive to the concerns you may have about releasing information to us. We hope that, after reading this notice, you will understand our commitment to use your information responsibly.
What information is collected and how is it used?
Non-personally identifiable information provided by your computer, which includes such details as:
- Internet protocol (“IP”) address
- Name of your internet service provider
- The version and name of the web browser you are using
- Your geographic location
Your web browser transmits this data when requesting web pages, but it is not sufficient to contact you. For example, this information does not include your email address or your phone number. This information, however, does give us general information about our website users and their preferences. We use this information to provide better service to you and to future users of this website.
Is this information shared with others?
We do not sell or disclose personal information to third parties, other than to service providers who use the information only to help respond to your requests. We do not disclose information to third party advertisers. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information (such as total number of webpage “hits,” or total unique “hits”) to select audiences, such as our Board of Directors or other service organizations. This aggregated information cannot be matched to you personally. We may disclose user information if required or permitted to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with legal processes served on The Mentoring Partnership or otherwise comply with the law
- Protect and defend the rights or property of The Mentoring Partnership or the users of this website
- Act to protect the personal safety of The Mentoring Partnership or its employees, users of the website, or a member of the public
We take reasonable steps to protect the information that is released to us. We cannot guarantee, however, that data will be completely secure from either misappropriation or computer hardware, software, or telecommunications network failure. No data transmitted over the Internet can be 100 percent secure. Therefore, you provide us with this data at your own risk.
Our website is a service provided by The Mentoring Partnership, and this website policy addresses only activities connected with our servers. Other sites, including those that we may link to and third-party sites or services that we co-brand, may have their own policies.