We're Hiring: Director of Training and Program Development
Mar 14, 2023
TMP is seeking a Director of Training and Program Development. This full-time position will work with mentoring programs, school administrators, community leaders and volunteers to ensure that high-quality mentoring is available and provided to youth in Western PA. Key focus areas for this position include expertise and knowledge of best practices and trends in mentoring and youth development, training for staff and volunteers, project management and the ability to deliver services through new and existing programs.
- Serve as a source of professional expertise on mentoring, youth development and program development; maintain and disseminate current knowledge and understanding of research, trends, policies and emerging issues.
- Develop and manage all educational and support activities that enhance local mentoring programs, including training and professional development; facilitate trainings as needed.
- Foster relationships with key community partners and advocate for best practices in mentoring in a wide variety of youth-serving organizations such as schools, libraries, after-school programs, faith-based orgs and sports leagues.
- Analyze youth mentoring programs’ organizational practices; offer advice and propose strategies to support their mentoring efforts.
- Hire, train and supervise staff (both full and part-time) to fulfill organizational objectives.
- Utilize evaluative tools to determine organizational impact on mentoring outcomes within the region; compile key findings to capture community trends and inform and drive continuous improvement of TMP services and work.
- Work with staff and Board of Directors to meet Strategic Goals of TMP; provide staff leadership to Program Committee, which focuses on "Building the Capacity of Mentoring Programs" and "Defining and Demonstrating Impact."
- Assist with marketing, recruitment and fund development activities, as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters in related field preferred.
Will be collaborators who demonstrate creative and critical thinking. They will be resourceful
servant leaders with exceptional attention to detail, the ability to work with/through others, strong project management skills and the ability to develop effective and innovative solutions to achieve TMP’s organizational objectives. Experience with K-12 educational settings is a plus.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience in training, program development & delivery with at least (3) years of experience in a supervisory role, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and collaborators from diverse backgrounds, with education and supervisory experience to manage the effectiveness of trainers, consultants and other agency representatives.
- Demonstrated excellence in training, public speaking and effective communications (written and verbal).
- Broad knowledge and experience in youth development and programming and the development and administration of ongoing professional leadership activities.
- Proficiency with data management and technology applications, including Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Commitment to DEI and ensuring programmatic services are inclusive.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including remote & in-person, some evening and weekend obligations.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience; the salary range for this position is $59,000-$64,000. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including health, dental, vision, IRA match, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and a generous PTO policy.
Please submit a resume with cover letter, and at least (3) references, to email@example.com.