National Mentoring Month 2023
Since 2002, MENTOR and its affiliates have designated the month of January as National Mentoring Month. This is a time to come together and celebrate all things mentoring! Join the mentoring movement and celebrate National Mentoring Month with us! Take a look below to learn more about how you can get involved.
Mark Your Calendars
- Wednesday, January 11: I am a Mentor Day -- a day to honor the mentors who play vital roles in other’s lives.
- Monday, January 16: Dr. Martin Luther King Day of Service -- a day to volunteer in hopes to inspire others and improve the community.
- Tuesday, January 17: International Mentoring Day -- a day to reflect on how mentoring makes the world a better place and “foster global understanding and support of the mentoring movement worldwide.”
- Thursday, January 26: Thank Your Mentor Day -- a day to express gratitude to everyone who has made a positive impact on your life.
- Wednesday, January 25 - Friday, January 27: National Mentoring Summit -- Join us in-person in Washington D.C. for the 13th annual National Mentoring Summit. Come together and connect with philanthropic investors, youth leaders, government leaders, and affiliates for the mentoring movement’s biggest event of the year.
Downloads and Resources
MENTOR's National Mentoring Month Communication Toolkits - check out some of MENTOR’s videos, downloadable toolkits and their suggested ways to get involved. Spin the wheel on their page to see how you can participate this month!
Everyday Mentoring Weekly Tips - Sign up to receive our weekly tips so you can learn more about providing mentoring support to young people each and every day.
Tags and Hashtags
Find us on social media and tag your posts to join the conversation online!