Hiding in Plain Sight Documentary Screening
Jun 20, 2022
TMP, WQED, Jewish Healthcare Foundation and Allegheny Family Network hosted a screening of the documentary, Hiding in Plain Sight: Youth Mental Illness, on Thursday, July 7th. A panel discussion followed the screening as our group looked to explore ways caring adults in our community can support youth mental health and wellness.
Screening Recap: Click here to view key takeaways from our panel discussion.
- Teen Mental Health Collaborative: Group of Allegheny County community-based organizations that serve teens; convened by Jewish Healthcare Foundation.
- PA Youth Advocacy Network: Organizations that support teen voice and teens advocating for mental health systems change. View the teen created advocacy platform here.
- Where Mentoring and Youth Mental Health Meet Discussion Series: a 5-part community discussion series that includes full recordings, recaps and other resources to facilitate caring adult support within the youth mental health space.
- Mental Health Safety Plan Template: A free template to facilitate important conversations around mental wellness with the young people in your life.
- COMPASS for Courage: a toolkit to strengthen coping skills in students struggling with anxiety, worries, fear, or stress.
- Youth Mental Health Resources/Videos: a collection of resources from the KET series, You Are Not Alone, which explores answers to depression, anxiety, toxic stress, and suicide through the lens of experts, educators, parents, and youth.
- Allegheny Family Network: a “family run” non-profit using peer-to-peer support, education, and advocacy to partner with families of children with behavioral health needs to improve their quality of life.