National Mentoring Month 2018
Jan 01, 2018
January is National Mentoring Month and YOU can help us amp up the celebration around mentoring, locally and nationally! Take a look below for more info on how you can get involved.
- Thursday, January 4: "I Am a Mentor" Social Media Day
- Thursday, January 11, 3 p.m. ET: National Mentoring Month Kick-Off Twitter Chat
- Monday, January 15: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- Wednesday, January 17: International Mentoring Day
- Thursday, January 25: #ThankYourMentor Day
- National Mentoring Month Communications Toolkit -- includes key messages, social media posts and media templates
- Mentoring Flipped Video Series -- includes links to inspirational mentoring stories from some of your favorite professional athletes
- Digital Materials -- download Facebook cover images, web badges and more
- Everyday Mentoring Weekly Tips -- sign up to receive our Everyday Mentoring tips to learn more about providing mentoring support to young people in your life
Sample Social Media Posts
Facebook: January is National Mentoring Month and I'm celebrating with @MentoringPGH. There are currently 20,000 kids being mentored in Western PA. Thank you, mentors!
Twitter: In #Pittsburgh, there are 1,000+ kids on waiting lists for a #mentor. Help @MPSWPA eliminate the wait. Volunteer today! #MentorIRL
LinkedIn: As a supporter of mentoring and The Mentoring Partnership of SW PA, I am proud to celebrate National Mentoring Month this month. Mentoring benefits nearly 20,000 youth in our community each year. Help us continue to advance mentoring by getting involved: volunteer, donate or raise awareness. Visit www.MentoringPittsburgh.org for more information.
Regardless of the social media channel you're posting on, don't forget to use one or more of the below National Mentoring Month hashtags to join the conversation. Tag us on social media, too!